CMT commenced trading as the Cradley Heath Manufacturing Company back in 1907, making wrought iron fittings for the gas, water and steam industries. During the 1960’s the company became the Midland Iron and Hardware Company and in 1968 was acquired by Central Manufacturing and Trading – the reason we are still called CMT.
In 1993 the business was acquired by Caparo and traded until 2015 whereupon the business went into administration only to be acquired by Liberty House Group, and subsequently bought by Anjali Agrawal from Liberty House and incorporated as an independent company.
Located in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands CMT Engineering Ltd is the leading UK manufacturer of screwed steel pipe fittings to BS EN10241 (formerly BS 1740). It is the UK market leader and exports to Australia, South Africa and Europe. Our plant includes semi-automatic rotary transfer machines, threading and bar-feed multi-spindle machines, tube bending and CNC equipment.
The range offered includes:
- BS EN10241 fittings Mild steel screwed pipe fittings used for a variety of heavy duty applications, including air, water and steam lines.
- Tube to BS EN10255 supplied in full and half randoms and in special lengths; plain ends, screwed or grooved.
- Gauge syphons, used for pressure gauge protection. Syphons are available in U and ring configurations, in mild steel, stainless steel and brass.
- Stainless steel 150lb fittings threaded tubular and cast fittings.
- Unicone clamps and fittings - widely used on bulk powder delivery vehicles.
We have our own fleet of vehicles providing a regular delivery service throughout the country. The majority of orders are fulfilled from stock and our many years experience of exporting ensures that overseas customers enjoy a prompt and reliable service.
We offer a “Specials” service where a wide variety of products can be supplied made to the customer’s special requirements, including special length tubular and CNC turned products.